The following points should be considered when performing patterns
1. Patterns should begin and end in the same spot.
2. Correct posture and facing must be maintained at all times.
3. Muscles of the body should be tensed or relaxed at the proper critical moments in the exercise.
4. The exercise should be performed in a rhythmic movement with the absence of stiffness.
5. Each pattern should be accelerated or decelerated according to instructions.
6. Each pattern should be perfected before moving on to the next.
7. Students should know the purpose of each movement.
8. Students should perform each movement with realism.